Monday, April 2, 2012

Roasted Cauliflower

I remember once when a friend of mine was trying to cut down on carbs and she heard that mashed cauliflower was a good substitute for mashed potatoes. She wasn't happy with the result :( I don't know why that stuck in my mind, but this weekend I wanted to see what else I could do with cauliflower....roasting it seemed to be a great idea.


Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Wash the fresh cauliflower head and break off all of the green leaves. Place the whole head into a glass baking dish. I drizzled mine with a little olive oil and sprinkled it with sea salt. Place it into the oven and cook it for about a hour and 10 minutes. If the flowers are tender sooner, take it out.


Cut off the flowers and serve (or eat it standing over the oven like I did). Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment