Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day Grilled Chicken

This is the most juicy, tender grilled chicken I have ever tasted. Usually, my grilled chicken is dry...so dry that ketchup is needed to choke it down! The marinade is very easy: balsamic vinegar, mango nectar and some thyme. Now, if you know me you are aware that I am emphatic that fruit and meat DO NOT MIX! Apricot Chicken makes me want to gag, Pineapple Ham just seems wrong, and even fruit salsas on fish gives me the shivers. I can't handle my meat dishes tasting sweet and fruity...just sayin'. So this recipe actually accomplished two "firsts" for me: tender grilled chicken AND fruit with meat (even though it wasn't actual fruit).


 Take a gallon ziploc bag and place it in a bowl...this will be how you marinate the chicken overnight. 
I used a can (14oz-ish) of Mango Nectar. I found this one in the Ethnic/Mexican isle at Kroger.
Add the nectar to the bag along with 1/3 cup of balsamic vinegar, 3TBSP of olive oil and some sea salt.
Add the chicken to the bag - I marinated 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts.
I had some fresh thyme growing in the garden, so I added a few sprigs.


Marinate overnight and cook on the grill (20 minutes) or in the oven at 375* for 25 minutes. Check to be sure that the juices run clear (not bloody) before you eat.



No comments:

Post a Comment