Sunday, May 6, 2012

Spinach Cheddar Muffins Biscuits

I made some great creamed chicken and vegetables in the crockpot but need some sort of starch to go with it. I whipped up these muffins using some leftover spinach I found in the fridge.

Before I get to the muffin recipe - the chicken dish! Totally easy! I took four frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts and placed them in the crockpot. I poured in a bag of mixed vegetables. Then I topped it all with a can of cream of celery soup (condensed) and then a can of water. Cook for 10 hours. When I got home, I used a spoon to break up the chicken and added 1/4 cup of fat free half and half. Done!

Spinach and Cheese Muffin Biscuits





















by Rebecca Kraynek
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 23 minutes
Ingredients (serves 12)
  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 1/2 cup milk or soy milk
  • 1/3 cup veg oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Instructions
Mix all of the dry ingredients first.
Mix all of the wet ingredients separately.
Make a whole in the flour and pour in the wet ingredients.
Toss the spinach and cheese on top.
Mix it all together.
Scoop batter into muffin tins - paper or no paper, your choice.
Bake for 23 to 25 minutes or until edges are golden.
Powered by Recipage

Finished Chicken and Muffin

No comments:

Post a Comment