Sunday, June 3, 2012

Custard Rhubarb Pie

I was searching through blogs to find an easy rhubarb recipe. I think sunny thoughts when I see rhubarb but have never really been successful at making any dish with it. After searching for a bit, I came across Sugar Crafter's recipe for Creamy Rhubarb Custard Pie. This custard is made with Chobani yogurt...interesting! So, I had to try it and here is my version (which only lasted two days in this house)!


 I used an already made pie shell
1 cup sugar
4 Tbsp flour
2 eggs, beaten
6 ounces of greek yogurt
3 cups of rhubarb, sliced into coins then cut in half


Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. To make the filling, in a large bowl whisk together the sugar and flour. In a smaller bowl, beat together the eggs and yogurt. Gradually beat the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Fold in the rhubarb and pour into the pie shell.


1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup oats

To make the crumb topping, in a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, and cinnamon. Cut in the butter using a pastry blender. Stir in the oats. Sprinkle the topping over the pie. 

Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes then reduce the heat to 350 degrees and continue baking for 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Let cool completely then transfer to the frig for 2 hours before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment