Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Summertime Pesto


Holy Basil, Batman! I planted two plants and now I have a GIANT basil bush! So, what ever will I do with all of this basil before it get all dried up?? PESTO! Lots of pesto to freeze and use later :)


Now, whenever I have a project to do around the house I buy a new tool. You should see our basement...looks like a Lowe's. In order to make the amount of Pesto that I am going to, my little mini processor will not be big enough. NEW TOOL TIME! I got a nice Cuisinart, stainless and new.


 I picked 2 cups of basil leaves from the plant outside. After I washed them, they got dumped in the new Cuisinart with 1/3 cup of pine nuts. I pulsed them until they were evenly chopped. Then I squeezed in 3 cloves of garlic (yes, squeezed from that fabulous tubed garlic). As the blade was running, I drizzled in a 1/2 cup of good olive oil. After it was incorporated, I added 1/2 cup grated Parmesan.


After it got dipped into ice cube trays to go into the freezer for later use! 
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment