Sunday, July 8, 2012

Grillin' Some Pig

Since our power was out due to the crazy storms last week, we have to grill and eat frozen foods before they went bad. So, the day before the 4th of July we ate hamburgers...leaving me with nothing to grill on the 4th. I found some pork chops at the grocery store and searched for some marinade recipes that would give a nice "picnic flavor". No, I can not define "picnic flavor" for you, but I knew what I was looking for :)


This is what I came up with:

2 cups of apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup yellow prepared mustard
4 TBSP brown sugar
3 tsp salt
2 tsp black pepper

I heated this together on the stove, cooled it and soaked the pork in it for 4 hours. Below are some pictures of our grillin' picnic outside...YUM!


No comments:

Post a Comment